Mental Asylum = Hub?

(Discuss the game)

Re: Mental Asylum = Hub?

Postby FadedBlackangel » Apr 28, 2013 4:35 am

Silent Hill 4 The Room anyone? :lol: ...Yea I'd be kind of disappointed if this turns out to be true. Just feels like a repeat of something I'v already been through in the aforementioned game. Maybe it can still provide that sense of exploration, I hope so.

PSN: FadedBlackangel
XBL: FadedBlackangel
Wii U: FadedArchangel

Postby Rikitatsu » Apr 28, 2013 4:39 am

On the bright side, they can go crazy with the environments, sometime you're in a medieval castle, and before you know it you're riding a Steamboat.
Rikitatsu

Postby Danfromumbrella » Apr 28, 2013 11:32 am

Yeah I like the idea. It reminds me of RE 3.5 in that things can happen at random just to freak you out. The idea is certainly very cool but after the first playthrough it will lose it's shock value unless it changes at random. I hope it's not just environments because in 3.5 dolls came to life, a guy came out of a painting. I hope he goes all out just like that.
Danfromumbrella

Postby yuri102010 » Apr 28, 2013 4:42 pm

Why not have the asylum like a the hub but when it transforms into another place it would be the same place but in a different area and the environment affects asylum like having a lock door and the key is not found at the current location but when you explore area the asylum would teleport ya back to the past where the key is present but getting to the item will be a challenge because of the monsters, traps and other weird stuff that asylum throws at ya...
yuri102010

Favorite Title: Silent Hill
XBL: Minchi1983

Postby CandyLander » May 06, 2013 6:53 pm

Maybe it's a mental asylum like in silent hill 2, where you kind of get in the other people's crazyness.

i'm not talking about angela or eddy, I'm talking about the part where you need to put the ring in the woman in the door because the crazy's diary said so.
Lost in the fog
CandyLander

Postby Rikitatsu » May 11, 2013 1:17 pm

Theory time!
As you may have heard, the asylum has a lighthouse on top of it, which reminded me of something... take a look
When Sebastian escapes the asylum first time, he finds the roads destroyed with a large crater blocking the path... its still modern though as police cars are flipped and destroyed in the background.
However, the art above shows Sebastian standing in a village that looks like out of the era ... and the asylum can be seen in the background.

Could it be that the asylum leads to different locations each time you open the door? The asylum would still be there even if you exit. So its might not be instant magical transportations through the locations.

Sorry for the bad spelling and grammer... writing from freind phone.
Rikitatsu

Postby Cyberote » May 11, 2013 9:57 pm

That's a pretty interesting theory Rikitatsu. That would be kinda cool, but I'd still prefer classic-type exploration and progression.
Cyberote

Postby Mr. Sean » May 11, 2013 10:47 pm

Cyberote wrote:That's a pretty interesting theory Rikitatsu. That would be kinda cool, but I'd still prefer classic-type exploration and progression.

I'm with you on this. Games, to me, are more satisfying when they allow you to figure out where to go and what to do on your own. And personally I think that style of progression works best with survival horror. Especially the first time you play, the mysteriousness of the game adds to the tension of the game, not knowing what lurks around the corner while only having a vague idea of what to do. Its much preferable more recent horror themed games where you basically walk forward until some stuff happens.
"There'll be time for explanations later. And hopefully, some sex."
Mr. Sean
What A Guy!

Postby Nemesis85 » May 12, 2013 2:32 am

Rikitatsu, you will be a great video game story writer. I see how you analyze things and write theories, that are mostly interesting.
Nemesis85

Postby Rikitatsu » May 12, 2013 4:48 am

@Cyberote: You and me both, but its becoming less and less likely each time we get new info, so we better start getting used to the idea of a hub.

@Nemesis85: Last time I tried writing a story it turned out terrible and pretty embarrassing :P
lol thanks for the vote of confidenc, though its just basic observations.
Rikitatsu

PreviousNext

Return to The Evil Within | Psychobreak