Moving while shooting confirmed.

(Discuss the game)

Moving while shooting confirmed.

Postby Rikitatsu » Apr 23, 2013 12:13 am

Some people wanted it in, others were against it, but it appears it's officially in.

In The Evil Within you can move and shoot. Have fun backing away from a shambling horror as you desperately aim for its head.

https://twitter.com/caleblawson

I wasn't sure if this was thread worthy, but I remember a lot of discussions going over how moving and shooting will enhance the gunplay and make it less cumbersome, while the other party argued that not being able to move adds a layer of strategy in the sense that you have to strategically position your self while shooting.

I'd say, I'm completely fine with it as long as the accuracy is greatly affected, when I want to get an accurate aim I have to stop in my tracks.
Rikitatsu

Re: Moving while shooting confirmed.

Postby Yama » Apr 23, 2013 12:16 am

It'd be awkward for it not to be in at this point. Though there is a great difference between moving while shooting and run and gun. I'm all for moving while shooting, just not running. If it did come to that, like you said, aiming would have to be greatly affected. Aim should be slightly decreased while moving in any manner.
Yama
Since 1996...
Site Admin

Postby Zero » Apr 23, 2013 12:20 am

Rikitatsu wrote:Some people wanted it in, others were against it, but it appears it's officially in.

In The Evil Within you can move and shoot. Have fun backing away from a shambling horror as you desperately aim for its head.

https://twitter.com/caleblawson

I wasn't sure if this was thread worthy, but I remember a lot of discussions going over how moving and shooting will enhance the gunplay and make it less cumbersome, while the other party argued that not being able to move adds a layer of strategy in the sense that you have to strategically position your self while shooting.

I'd say, I'm completely fine with it as long as the accuracy is greatly affected, when I want to get an accurate aim I have to stop in my tracks.

I'll only be fine with that if they found the right balance in the character's/enemy's weight and speed, as much as possible.

tbh I liked moving and shooting in RE:R more than in RE6, felt too easy in RE6 to run away/sweep all enemies.

Also, what yama said.
Zero

Favorite Title: Resident Evil GC
PSN: FiXalaS
Wii U: Zero97

Postby skytrot » Apr 23, 2013 2:07 am

I actually saw this coming after reading about the traps and puzzles. Even though I'm a fan of not moving while shooting, it just wouldn't make sense not to with that said difficulty.
skytrot

Postby Nemesis85 » Apr 23, 2013 2:17 am

this makes sense if the pace of the game is fast, knowing that you can easily been killed by enemies, or better to say by demons. If you were dealing with slow old-fashion zombies, shooting while moving would have been inappropriate.
Nemesis85

Postby deformity » Apr 26, 2013 6:27 pm

it's good to knwo. Moving while shooting does not remove the horror factor at all, Dead Space is an example.
Mikami with SOTD added the feature, would have been odd to step back from this
deformity

Postby yuri102010 » Apr 28, 2013 4:53 pm

Thank god can move while we can shoot...but what about dodging the enemies attack?
yuri102010

Favorite Title: Silent Hill
XBL: Minchi1983

Postby Rikitatsu » Apr 28, 2013 11:19 pm

yuri102010 wrote:Thank god can move while we can shoot...but what about dodging the enemies attack?

According to one of the journalists who saw the demo, the gunplay is 1:1 the same as RE4, plus traps.
So I won't expect different maneuvers for now..
Rikitatsu

Postby NinesVoerman » Apr 29, 2013 5:56 am

If it's 1:1 Resident Evil 4 in terms of gunplay then I'm sure it'll be great. Moving while shooting is okay as long as it doesn't become run and gun.
NinesVoerman

Return to The Evil Within | Psychobreak