Post Game Completion

(Discuss the game)

Post Game Completion

Postby Yama » Apr 23, 2013 12:39 am

Though it doesn't apply to all titles, many hide behind cookie cutter online modes to add "replay value". One of the most exciting things in regards to Zwei is that it's confirmed to be single player only. Mikami is hands down one of the best directors in the business when it comes to creating value within a title. With that, I expect a ton of replay value through various modes, extras, etc. What are some of the things you'd like to see?

I for one am a huge fan of new game plus, so that's an obvious. A huge reason as to why Biohazard 4 was so addictive was the ability to stack materials, complete treasure quests 100%, use previously locked weapons, etc.

Another would be an extra game mode of some sort. Perhaps we could have a side story following one of the NPC's, or a completely new mini-game of some sort.

I'm all ears. I'd like to hear some unique ideas you guys may have brewing. I know this topic is jumping the gun, but it'll eventually come to fruition.
Yama
Since 1996...
Site Admin

Re: Post Game Completion

Postby Cyberote » Apr 23, 2013 12:56 am

I was always a fan of unlocking new characters' scenarios. This takes me back to Tenchu 2. If you beat both Rikimaru's and Ayame's scenarios, you unlock Tatsumaru's scenario. There are three detectives in Psycho Break, so I think it'd be cool if a similar mechanic would be present. I'd even be happy with the ability to pick between two scenarios like in Resident Evil 1 and 2, but all this talk about Sebastian is leading me to believe this wont happen. Maybe beat Sebastian's story and unlock Joseph or "The Kid"s story.

I also enjoy emblem hunting from RE5 and 6. I just wish you got better rewards in 6. It really makes you scan and search the environment, which oftentimes leads to me finding areas I never noticed before.

I'm also thinking of somewhat of a single player Horde mode. A basic mode where you fend of waves and waves of enemies. Then again, that might be a bit too action oriented. Depends how it'd done I suppose.
Cyberote

Postby Rikitatsu » Apr 23, 2013 1:19 am

We're still calling it Zwei? :P

First of all, I want the game to be lengthy, at least as long as RE4, One thing I didn't like about Vanquish was its length, its too short, despite being full of gameplay perfection.

That aside, regarding post game completion, New Game+ is definitely a must, as well as costumes, items, that can only be unlocked by clearing Hard difficulty, kind of like getting the rocket launcher in earlier REs.

Challenge type of mode like Vanquish challenges or RE's "Mercenaries" would be great as an unlockable mode.

Regarding side-stories for other characters, I would love for it to happen, but as you know, Bethesda is the publisher and they are well know for making a lot of DLCs (Meaty DLCs though), we will probably get such side-stories as DLCs after the game releases, kind of like The Knife of Dunwall DLC for Dishonored where you play with one of the game's antagonists.
Rikitatsu

Postby FadedBlackangel » Apr 23, 2013 2:22 am

I'm very thankful that it will be single player only, that means complete focus on the story elements and gameplay. No ridiculous Vs. or some half-baked deathmatch modes just tacked on for the sake of it being there.

I'm actually expecting (and hoping lol), for some modes like Bio4 had. So possibly some separate characters story arc and maybe some "mercenaries like" mode, and of course what's already been mentioned stuff like NG+, costumes, guns, and the like. Maybe even some "invisible enemy" mode to pay homage to Remake, who knows, but I'm expecting some cool stuff. :D

PSN: FadedBlackangel
XBL: FadedBlackangel
Wii U: FadedArchangel

Postby Spera01 » Apr 23, 2013 3:29 am

Aside from wanting new costumes, unlockable weapons, and new game plus, I want to see an unlockable add on to the story. We already know that Sebastian will have two partners, Kid and Joseph, and I'm willing to bet that Sebastian will be alone for most likely the majority of the game. Why not have playable segments where you can experience what these two characters were up to when they were separated from Sebastian. Sort of like Seperate Ways from RE4.

I would also like to see a mode similar to Mercenaries. It doesn't have to play exactly the same as mercenaries or a horde mode but just something that could be a neat little extra like it.
Spera01

Postby 1v1addict » Apr 23, 2013 5:36 am

Ability to explore the world freely after the game would be nice. Sidequest would be awesome too, like in assassin's creed series.
1v1addict

Postby hess » Apr 23, 2013 8:22 am

Playing as another cop would be cool. There might be a scenario for 'the kid' like there was for Ada in RE4. There should be multiple other scenarios in any case.
I just hope they add a shitload of extra stuff. Next gen should have more!

I am still just so excited and happy for this game! xD
»Ich bin ein Teil von jener Kraft, die stets das Böse will und stets das Gute schafft.«
GOETHE: FAUST – DER TRAGÖDIE ERSTER TEIL, 1808

hess

Postby zombz » Apr 23, 2013 3:28 pm

I like the idea of playing with just one character. If the new Resident Evil games were like this, maybe we should give more value to partners of Chris and Leon. :)
zombz
Zombz

Favorite Title: Resident Evil

Postby IkariKH » Apr 25, 2013 2:02 am

While I obviously am a fan of multiplayer to retain replay value (but not when it's tacked on bullshit), it just needs literally to have non-scripted gameplay and provide a 'new' experience everytime you play and I can easily replay it multiple times.

When you know where every enemy is going to be, everything that's going to happen and how to prepare for it to the tee, it gets incredibly redundant and boring. But, when a game consistantly changes things up and never lets you honestly know what's going to happen next, it keeps it fresh and fun. Add in some extra modes, unlockables etc. and I'll be happy.
"This planet is mine, and now you will die!"
IkariKH

Postby Yama » Apr 25, 2013 2:26 am

IkariKH wrote:While I obviously am a fan of multiplayer to retain replay value (but not when it's tacked on bullshit), it just needs literally to have non-scripted gameplay and provide a 'new' experience everytime you play and I can easily replay it multiple times.

When you know where every enemy is going to be, everything that's going to happen and how to prepare for it to the tee, it gets incredibly redundant and boring. But, when a game consistantly changes things up and never lets you honestly know what's going to happen next, it keeps it fresh and fun. Add in some extra modes, unlockables etc. and I'll be happy.

Agreed. I'd also like to add while the scripted nature of many older Biohazard titles lend themselves to speed runs, I feel a randomized game would ultimately be more skillful for the same purpose.
Yama
Since 1996...
Site Admin

Next

Return to The Evil Within | Psychobreak