Realism

(Discuss the game)

Re: Realism

Postby Kyosuke_Sanada » Nov 05, 2012 12:44 pm

A mixture of both is the way to go in my opinion. Realism is paramount for having players and/or viewers be able to relate to what's happening so it will help in immersion while adding a good dose of psychological warfare is a great way to pull the carpet from under them to create vulnerability.
Kyosuke_Sanada
Hentaiologist

Favorite Title: Dino Crisis
PSN: Sanada_Kyosuke
Steam: Sanada_Kyosuke

Postby komaru » Nov 05, 2012 2:22 pm

Think this is more of an "Appeal" for audience than a horror factor. As long it's executed right, any form of horror could be scary.

I personally like realism horror as it's more remarkable due to being able to relate it to things you see in real life.
But there's a limit of nonfiction until you bring in fictional ideas into the story. So in a way, probably the other two horror types has a broader range of creativity.
komaru

Postby VteX » Nov 05, 2012 10:39 pm

I don't want to offend the fans of zombies but I'm a bit tired of zombies games, zombies turned to be mainstream now there's tons of zombies games that when I see them I just have guts to puke I would like to see an paranormal game killing ghosts with light,fire,holy-water,salt or other type of weapons but not real ones it doesn't make sense killing a ghost with normal bullets well there's a game that was cancelled by Darkworks studios called Black death and they killed a type of ghost with ice freezing him.
VteX

Postby Cyberote » Nov 06, 2012 2:51 am

VteX wrote:I don't want to offend the fans of zombies but I'm a bit tired of zombies games, zombies turned to be mainstream now there's tons of zombies games that when I see them I just have guts to puke I would like to see an paranormal game killing ghosts with light,fire,holy-water,salt or other type of weapons but not real ones it doesn't make sense killing a ghost with normal bullets well there's a game that was cancelled by Darkworks studios called Black death and they killed a type of ghost with ice freezing him.

I agree. Zombies and infected in general are getting a bit bland and overused. If Project Zwei turns out to be like RE 3.5, I would be happy with that.
Cyberote

Postby VteX » Nov 06, 2012 8:17 am

Yup I wish they could do the game like that there's the both camera angles and it would be the first game using those he must finish what he started x) his work and love for the genre is there I saw it the reason that had bad critics it was a Resident evil game and resident evil games don't have ghost's.
VteX

Postby Cyberote » Nov 06, 2012 3:51 pm

VteX wrote:Yup I wish they could do the game like that there's the both camera angles and it would be the first game using those he must finish what he started x) his work and love for the genre is there I saw it the reason that had bad critics it was a Resident evil game and resident evil games don't have ghost's.

Personally, I'd rather have ghosts than Ganados, Majini and J'avo.
Cyberote

Postby Rikitatsu » Nov 07, 2012 5:37 am

Personally, I wouldn't mind Zombies at all, people say they are overdone, which is true, but I think very few were able to make Zombies as menacing and eerie as Resident Evil, especially the first one.

Well, if the first monster concept arts were related to the project, then I guess we will have monsters of some sort, kind of like Mutants or something.

Its possible they aren't related to ZWEI, but its worth posting.
Rikitatsu

Postby tim666 » Nov 07, 2012 9:15 am

i would love to see a mix between the realism in resident evil and the psychological aspects in silent hill...with a little h.p. lovecraft stuff...
Heeere's Johnny!
tim666

Favorite Title: Silent Hill 2
PSN: Tim-Son666

Postby Kyosuke_Sanada » Nov 07, 2012 3:53 pm

Damn cool artwork! Thanks for posting them Rikitatsu. I think they maybe using the same concept artist from Shadows Of the Damned but I could be wrong.
Kyosuke_Sanada
Hentaiologist

Favorite Title: Dino Crisis
PSN: Sanada_Kyosuke
Steam: Sanada_Kyosuke

Postby VteX » Nov 07, 2012 5:10 pm

Nice draws there but it's not what I have in mind ghosts for me brings that tense like project zero,fear,alone in the dark new nightmare the reason is they appear from nowhere and you are not counting that! that's what I wish to see on the game but it's not only my opinion all of you will decide I don't want to create a mess with my opinion I will stick with ghosts like the one from RE4 beta or better I just wish the game could be like RE4 beta but with better graphics of course ghosts on a survival-horror would be new for shinji.
VteX

PreviousNext

Return to The Evil Within | Psychobreak