End Game Explosion?

(Discuss the game)

End Game Explosion?

Postby Spera01 » Apr 24, 2013 7:23 pm

Anyone else think the game is likely to end with either some sort of self destruct sequence or explosion? Looking at the other games Mikami has made, most of them have ended with some sort of explosion happening: Self destruct sequences/nukes in the RE games, the facilities exploding in the Dino Crisis games, etc.

I understand the mental asylum most likely not having a self destruct but I could totally see the "world" Sebastian keep getting transported to having a sequence where you must escape a blast or get out of an area before it blows.
Spera01

Re: End Game Explosion?

Postby Yama » Apr 24, 2013 10:12 pm

Something in the same vein perhaps, though not banking on it this time around. Seeing as the game isn't quite grounded to reality and features more of a spiritual setting, I'm thinking it'll differ in that area. Besides, we've got a load of homage in other more fitting areas. Won't rule it out though.
Yama
Since 1996...
Site Admin

Postby Spera01 » Apr 25, 2013 12:41 am

I don't really view it as a homage as more of just Mikami's thing. :P

You're probably right though although from what I can tell, it seems as if anything is possible.
Spera01

Postby PrerendeRED » Apr 26, 2013 3:22 pm

He said the game's setting isn't limited to the asylum at all. So it's possible. Although, yes, seeing as how the monsters' origin isn't grounded in reality, the protagonist is unlikely to end up in some kind of bio lab which he has to blow up.
We'll see something like the 2001: Space Odyssey ending. Or I guess we could if the game was some low budget indie title. But this one has to sell, so yeah - the explosion and escape via helicopter is inevitable. :)
PrerendeRED

Favorite Title: Resident Evil 1
PSN: TVippy
XBL: TVippy
Wii U: TVippy
Steam: fear_itself

Postby Cyberote » Apr 28, 2013 1:34 am

I wouldn't put it past him. End-game explosions are pretty much Shinji's calling-card. Perhaps Sebastian has to save Julie from a building or something of the sort.
Cyberote

Postby Sumio Mondo » Apr 28, 2013 6:28 am

It might not be end game, but rather like how in RE3, Jill and Carlos have to escape from the petrol station before it explodes (there's also the newspaper building which sets on fire too). Something like that, rather than a lab explosion, perhaps?
Sumio Mondo

Favorite Title: Resident Evil 2
PSN: harryangel666

Postby Nemesis85 » Apr 28, 2013 7:45 am

a big bang at the end requires either Sebastian to plant many bombs or to make a contact with the military to do it, which I doubt either scenario takes place in this game.
Nemesis85

Postby NinesVoerman » Apr 29, 2013 5:58 am

It'd be a neat touch if it did happen.
NinesVoerman

Return to The Evil Within | Psychobreak