Leaked Prologue Of The Evil Within from QuakeCon

(Latest news and updates)

Leaked Prologue Of The Evil Within from QuakeCon

Postby Rikitatsu » Sep 03, 2013 12:14 am

Yes, another QuakeCon leak! Better late than never, right? The good folks over at GameBinge sent us a video showing the beginning of the game where Sebastian and his team arrive at Beacon Mental Asylum, you can check the video in the post below. Many thanks to GameBinge for filming the footage!

Leaked Prologue
Rikitatsu

Re: Leaked Prologue Of The Evil Within from QuakeCon

Postby Rikitatsu » Sep 03, 2013 12:15 am

phpBB [video]

Alternative links:

Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Od1V6-PsjzM

MediaFire: http://www.mediafire.com/?24dmn1ddu98zm6o
Rikitatsu

Postby zombz » Sep 03, 2013 3:22 am

I loved it! :D
zombz
Zombz

Favorite Title: Resident Evil

Postby Spera01 » Sep 03, 2013 4:12 am

FINALLY, some footage! Even if it's just the prologue! I'm digging it so far! Love Sebastian's voice, anyone know which voice actor is playing him by chance? Joseph and Kid sound and look great as well! The atmosphere is definitely present even in the beginning and I'm really digging the smooth transitions from gameplay to cutscene!
Spera01

Postby Rikitatsu » Sep 03, 2013 4:18 am

Spera01 wrote:FINALLY, some footage! Even if it's just the prologue! I'm digging it so far! Love Sebastian's voice, anyone know which voice actor is playing him by chance? Joseph and Kid sound and look great as well! The atmosphere is definitely present even in the beginning and I'm really digging the smooth transitions from gameplay to cutscene!

Yep, the transitions are really smooth. From a spectator point of view, I never noticed when the gameplay "ended" and the cutscene "began".

Also, attention to detail is stunning (Sebastian's coat getting wet gradually from the rain).

On a slightly related note: AllGamesBeta , like always, stole this video, removed our credits, and GameBinge's credit, and uploaded it on his site. Never, ever support him. It's not the first time he did this... The problem is many sites will credit him as the source. This guy is a menace. :|
Rikitatsu

Postby razorxc » Sep 03, 2013 9:19 am

omfg
thx for the man who leaked it
razorxc

Postby Rikitatsu » Sep 03, 2013 9:29 am

I previously said the QuakeCon Build was different than the E3 one... Well, Disregard that! Turns out I misread Jason's words. Actually the QuakeCon build is the same as the E3 one, and the game "changed a lot" since that build.

Again, apologize for the confusion.

Rikitatsu

Postby DampRevil » Sep 03, 2013 9:40 am

I'm really impressed! Can't wait for more! The characters look and sound great, the environments look creepy too! ;)
DampRevil

Favorite Title: Resident Evil
PSN: DampRevil

Postby ProgenitorCastle » Sep 03, 2013 11:13 am

I agree, I was impressed by the voice acting, especially Sebastian's.

S̶i̶n̶c̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶a̶n̶ ̶u̶p̶d̶a̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶b̶u̶i̶l̶d̶.̶.̶.̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶e̶x̶p̶l̶a̶i̶n̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶H̶U̶D̶-̶l̶e̶s̶s̶ ̶d̶i̶s̶p̶l̶a̶y̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶w̶a̶l̶k̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶p̶a̶r̶t̶.̶.̶.̶
EDIT: Not updated build...but since it changed from the E3 demo, that could explain the lack of HUD

The doors reminded me of REmake...full of small patterns that make them distinct...then again, it was the same background designer...

If there's gonna be many changes like this within the development period, which there's most likely, I'd rather not know by having it shown publicly, like Rikitatsu said...it'd be RE3.5 again, showing us stuff that would never make it into the final game...in a closed-door presentation, it makes sense to display it...the audience there are gaming journalists (I think) who are more likely to understand about game development, but showing that off to the public...that creates an expectation for the game that may or may not be fulfilled, since the game's still in development...

I myself was one of the impatient ones whining out for more footage, but if it's for the quality of the game itself and to avoid misleading situations such as the RE3.5...I can be more paitient, and it's paying off so far :]
Last edited by ProgenitorCastle on Sep 03, 2013 11:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
ProgenitorCastle

Postby KungMartin90 » Sep 03, 2013 11:18 am

This game is shaping up really fucking nicely. My only quirks with this game (so far) are what they've always been, the animations. The main char's running animations look kinda lame, in my oppinion ofc.

And I hate how when he walks over a non-flat surface, he just goes over it like he's being pulled up by a tiny elevator. Also, how you can walk while hitting a wall, it looks really akward. I've always hated that in games. They should make the character automatically stop moving when next to a surface.
KungMartin90

Favorite Title: Resident Evil 4
PSN: KungenMartiin
Steam: wish_craft@hot

Next

Return to News and Updates