Resident Evil 6

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: Resident Evil 6

Postby Blood-Curse62 » Mar 15, 2013 2:55 pm

No no, it's my fault, my english is very limited
I'm french so I'm sorry if there are mistakes in my posts
Blood-Curse62

Postby Nemesis85 » Mar 15, 2013 11:20 pm

This industry has become like politics. for a long period of time, they sacrifice everything for their own benefits , and one day when they see that people awaken from a deep sleep, become unified, and take actions accordingly(like buying less), They use what they have in their reservoir, lobby and modify them slightly. This will buy them time and in the meantime changes the stream of thinking of the customers to another direction that still appropriates the top category of the hierarchy.
No matter what way you look at it, Capcom, Bethesda, and other big corporations in capitalist nations care more for money and less for the quality of their product.
Sorry if I went off topic, but This is, in my opinion, the only logical explanation for re-releasing RE:Revelations.
Peace.
Nemesis85

Postby Onestand » Mar 16, 2013 2:12 am

I am surprised how you guys think of RE6 for what it is, instead what it should be. That's a good thing. In my opinion, RE6 is a good action game, but it is not a good Resident Evil game.
Onestand

Postby Onestand » Mar 16, 2013 2:17 am

Nemesis85 wrote:This industry has become like politics. for a long period of time, they sacrifice everything for their own benefits , and one day when they see that people awaken from a deep sleep, become unified, and take actions accordingly(like buying less), They use what they have in their reservoir, lobby and modify them slightly. This will buy them time and in the meantime changes the stream of thinking of the customers to another direction that still appropriates the top category of the hierarchy.
No matter what way you look at it, Capcom, Bethesda, and other big corporations in capitalist nations care more for money and less for the quality of their product.
Sorry if I went off topic, but This is, in my opinion, the only logical explanation for re-releasing RE:Revelations.
Peace.

I totally agree with you.
Onestand

Postby Saint Ste7en » Mar 16, 2013 2:05 pm

Onestand wrote:I am surprised how you guys think of RE6 for what it is, instead what it should be. That's a good thing. In my opinion, RE6 is a good action game, but it is not a good Resident Evil game.

I hold nothing but contempt for people who call themselves "Resident Evil fans," but do nothing other than complain about how the series has been going downhill ever since Resident Evil 4. Why don't they just call themselves ex-Resident Evil fans, because that's what they really are. They have to painfully accept the fact the series has changed for the worst and they all need to move on. Like the rest of us.

It's sensible to talk about Resident Evil 6 on what it is because complaining about "what it should have been" just opens the wound and doesn't help in the slightest.
Saint Ste7en
Big mouth

Favorite Title: Haunting Ground

Postby Nemesis85 » Mar 16, 2013 8:39 pm

Saint Ste7en wrote:
Onestand wrote:I am surprised how you guys think of RE6 for what it is, instead what it should be. That's a good thing. In my opinion, RE6 is a good action game, but it is not a good Resident Evil game.

I hold nothing but contempt for people who call themselves "Resident Evil fans," but do nothing other than complain about how the series has been going downhill ever since Resident Evil 4. Why don't they just call themselves ex-Resident Evil fans, because that's what they really are. They have to painfully accept the fact the series has changed for the worst and they all need to move on. Like the rest of us.

It's sensible to talk about Resident Evil 6 on what it is because complaining about "what it should have been" just opens the wound and doesn't help in the slightest.

With all due respect, that statement is an indicative of naivety and opposing criticism. I am a true Resident Evil fan, and I will always be. People in general worry about and criticize things that matters to them. I f I was an ex-fan, I wouldn't care and spend my time on what it should have been. We all have different tastes and opinions, some might "like" new RE series, and some of us may not like it. Unfortunately what most of us can't tolerate these days is peaceful argument and criticism.
Peace.
Nemesis85

Postby Saint Ste7en » Mar 17, 2013 1:23 am

The issue with that is that Capcom is probably never going to make another classic Resident Evil game, which pretty much leaves ex-Resident Evil fans fantasizing and complaining until the end of time. I was incredibly shocked when I heard "fans" complaint about Resident Evil: Revelations. I swear, that's most likely the closest Capcom will get to survival horror ever again and "fans" still complain about it for not being... What? The game of their dreams? Forgive me for being an ex-Resident Evil fan that has accepted the truth and moved on rather staying behind on the Capcom Unity forums to complain- day in, day out.
Saint Ste7en
Big mouth

Favorite Title: Haunting Ground

Postby CandyLander » Apr 10, 2013 6:45 pm

in the original resident evil, meeting 3-4 zombies was chaos and I'd usually die. In RE6, sometimes we get to kill more than 10. I didn't even enjoy playing it as an action game (it's so repetitive, all you do is quick time events).
Lost in the fog
CandyLander

Postby Zero » Apr 23, 2013 12:07 am

Saint Ste7en wrote:Oh, I'm sorry for misunderstanding. The way you said "RE Revelations make me still hope to have a true survival horror," I interpreted that as you haven't played it, but is patiently waiting for the re-release on March 24th of this year. I'm sorry for that.

About Capcom liking money: I think they learned their lesson with Resident Evil 6 and that's why they're re-releasing Resident Evil: Revelations for the mainstream consoles. Action doesn't always sell like gold and I think they just learned that (a goal of 7 million sales? Goodness, Capcom!). Like you said, Resident Evil: Revelations got overall good reviews, but initially didn't rake in the money because it was made for a handheld console that nobody had yet. Maybe if the re-releases sell well Capcom's going to start making more 'Revelation' style games for the Resident Evil series. We can all hope, right? :)

I bet REvelations was always going to be ported :p that's the idea of MT Framework, though I agree they're going to see how this compares to RE6.
Zero

Favorite Title: Resident Evil GC
PSN: FiXalaS
Wii U: Zero97

Postby Mr. Sean » Apr 23, 2013 6:23 pm

Saint Ste7en wrote:

Because its the new cool thing for gamers to be totally negative about everything, man!

The problem I have with most of those people is when they compare the new RE games to the old ones, they seem to have a very revisionist view of the old games. These people make it out like the Resident Evil of yore was a totally 100% cerebral experience, void of any action or shooting whatsoever. and, if I remember correctly, everyone thought RE4 was the greatest thing since sliced bread when it first came out. It seemed to only become the downfall of the series sometime after 5 came out when it became cool to bitch about how the series became action-y.

As for RE6, although it really was the worst game of the main series, it still was not a bad game. It had some issues with the pacing and I didn't care for Jake's campaign, but is wasn't terrible. And, really, I can't recommend Revelations enough. If your average YouTube or Kotaku commenter could ever get beyond what their preconceived notions of what Resident Evil has become and stopped acting like an asshole, they would find that Revelations is a really good Resident Evil game. I think it stand with 4 as the best modern Resident Evil game!
"There'll be time for explanations later. And hopefully, some sex."
Mr. Sean
What A Guy!

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic