The Evil Within Season Pass

(Latest news and updates)

Re: The Evil Within Season Pass

Postby Jocifer666 » Aug 13, 2014 2:34 pm

I wouldn't be at all surprised if there is a collectors edition of the game, with it included at some point, either. If the dlcs are definitely worth it, I'll definitely be picking that up.

Wouldn't be surprised if said collectors edition comes with a Keeper statue either ^^.
If you really want to see Mary, you should just die. But you might be heading to a different place than Mary, James.
Jocifer666

Favorite Title: Psycho Break

Postby DampRevil » Aug 13, 2014 3:10 pm

I do agree that this DLC is a ripoff. I believe Bethesda already said The Evil Within won't have DLC, so that means they were lying to us because they knew it was going to have it. On the other hand, my excitement to play as Julie completely outweighs everything.
DampRevil

Favorite Title: Resident Evil
PSN: DampRevil

Postby remedy2000 » Aug 13, 2014 5:40 pm

Cant stand dlc announcements before the game has shipped. Maybe the delay is more to with this dlc nonsense then actually needing more time on the game.
remedy2000

Postby setsunah0186 » Aug 13, 2014 6:46 pm

Oh Boy, Season Pass.
setsunah0186

PSN: setsunah0186

Postby Terra2500 » Aug 13, 2014 9:03 pm

I think I will wait for the DLC reviews before getting it. If its good then it will be in my list.Somehow I had a feeling that the Keeper mission is similar to RE6 Ustanak; just going around whacking whatever you encountered. But if there's plot in it then I will get it. Julie's scenario I will definitely get it since I want to play the game in her perspective.
When someone is miserable, they will need someone who is more miserable than them - Sebastian to Delsin (Crossover fic)
Terra2500

Favorite Title: Assassin Creed

Postby remedy2000 » Aug 13, 2014 9:22 pm

Could you imagine if resident evil was released today, jills scenario would be DLC.
remedy2000

Postby ghostcall » Aug 13, 2014 9:28 pm

remedy2000 wrote:Could you imagine if resident evil was released today, jills scenario would be DLC.

thank you for reminding me why i hate modern gaming. :evil:

phpBB [video]
ghostcall

Favorite Title: Resident Evil

Postby ProgenitorCastle » Aug 14, 2014 10:27 am

Wow, that video echoes my thoughts about pre-order bonuses and DLC. Hate both of those...thank goodness PlatinumGames still has the audacity to develop some full games without those (Bayonetta, The Wonderful 101)

It's a shame The Evil Within's getting these DLCs...a missed opportunity to pick between Sebastian or Julie Ala Chris and Jill...would've been a nice RE reference. The content itself is nothing short of awesome, but would've made for nice unlockables as others have noted already. This news makes me want to wait for a fuller Game-of-the-Year edition with the content on-disc
ProgenitorCastle

Postby remedy2000 » Aug 14, 2014 12:29 pm

When i first read this season pass dlc nonsense, my gut reaction was to not buy the game on release. Wait a month or two and then buy a second hand copy.

The other thing about these DLC announcements before the game is released, is it always feels like they made the game, then decided what to cut out and then sell it for a premium to the consumer at a later date.

So if you were to buy this game for the ps4 with the dlc for the "full" experience, you would pay £45 for game and £15 for dlc making it cost £60 for a game that is made using last gen assets.

Its almost like my desire for this game has dropped considerably.
remedy2000

Postby Rikitatsu » Aug 14, 2014 1:03 pm

That's how the industry is these days, people buy these DLCs, so companies will still make them. Even PlatinumGames have dabbled in Pre-Order DLCs in the past (Vanquish, Anarchy Reigns).

But I doubt it was cut out from the game, this is Bethesda we're talking about, they probably plan DLC from the beginning of the development.

DampRevil wrote:I believe Bethesda already said The Evil Within won't have DLC, so that means they were lying to us because they knew it was going to have it. .

I don't think they ever said that.
Rikitatsu

PreviousNext

Return to News and Updates