Guardian Encounter Gameplay Footage [60 FPS]

(Latest news and updates)

Guardian Encounter Gameplay Footage [60 FPS]

Postby Rikitatsu » Aug 31, 2017 11:41 pm

Bethesda posted some gameplay footage showing Sebastian's first encounter with the creature called the 'Guardian'. Although we've seen this before in the recent leaked video, this time it's running at 60 FPS. Check it out below!

Guardian Encounter Gameplay | Credit: gmc1992
Rikitatsu

Re: Guardian Encounter Gameplay Footage [60 FPS]

Postby Autoignition » Sep 01, 2017 12:10 am

Giving a lot of thought to the fact that Bethesda decided to give Laura the title of "Guardian."

Interesting... very interesting...
Autoignition

Favorite Title: Resident Evil 4
PSN: Autoignition

Postby Dusk Golem » Sep 01, 2017 2:03 am

Autoignition wrote:Giving a lot of thought to the fact that Bethesda decided to give Laura the title of "Guardian."

There's a lot of implications to the name, I agree. And the fact there's like, four different Lauras we've seen so far (Guardian, the poltergeist-esque Laura, the original TEW Laura, and human adult Laura). It's obviously somehow important to the plot, but I don't quite have a solid theory on it quite yet. Also the insider was not kidding before TEW2 was revealed that we should expect to see a lot more Laura.

I actually kind of doubt it's Ruvik that conjuring up all of these Laura's despite him being the first go-to answer with how obsessed he was with Laura. But I kind of also can't see him conjuring up this giggly sawblade tyrant Guardian Laura nor the poltergeist one. And of note the human Laura we see briefly is older than the brief glimpses of human Laura we saw in the original game, she looked like a teen in TEW1 and now looks like an adult in TEW2, so either it's Laura herself or someone who knew Laura since she grew up (as Ruvik's last exposure to Laura was a while ago). I also notice her human form has a really fucked up face, it's mostly covered by her hair but there's something really wrong even with her human form's face (I'm assuming it might have been burned and was unhealable or something, she has a really creepy huge Joker-esque grin going on in the mirror scene).

I doubt it's Laura either unless she's one of the most narcissistic people in existence (or one of the most self-fearing people in existence since most of the Laura's are monsters) that she literally conjures herself up multiple times in STEM.

My mind goes to an earlier thought if Lily was friends with Laura or something, but I don't know how true that might be as there's certainly no direct evidence of this right now (outside of multiple Laura's being in Lily's STEM), and I don't even know how much control the absent Lily has over this STEM. I'm getting the immense idea though that Laura is protecting something, almost like she's some sort of white blood cell type of thing. The fact there's so many of her and this big one is apparently a guardian makes it seem like wherever these Laura's are coming from, she must've been very protective of someone or something to the point someone is conjuring up literal protectors for themselves in Laura's image.
Dusk Golem

Postby liontamer » Sep 01, 2017 2:58 am

We can pretty much safely assume that Sebastian is a threat to whatever it is that Laura is.. guarding. In other words, Sebastian's goal or mere involvement in Union is a threat to Laura's motivations. This is why she's hostile towards him, I suppose.

Under that condition, I can currently think of two possibilities:
a) Laura doesn't want Lily to leave STEM because she's trying to transfer her consciousness onto Lily (maybe with the help of Ruvik).

b) There's some silly friendship thing going on between Laura and Lily, like Golem suggests.

The first possibility sounds much more plausible to me. However, It could be that she's guarding something else entirely and it has nothing to do with Lily, but I doubt it.

In any case, Seb is getting in the way of her guarding duty, if we could call it that.
liontamer

PSN: breakdownthewall

Postby gmc1992 » Sep 01, 2017 11:25 am

Autoignition wrote:Giving a lot of thought to the fact that Bethesda decided to give Laura the title of "Guardian."

also find it interesting that seb doesnt recognize her or tatiana for that matter
gmc1992

Favorite Title: resident evil 4

Postby Rikitatsu » Sep 01, 2017 12:05 pm

gmc1992 wrote:

also find it interesting that seb doesnt recognize her or tatiana for that matter

Well, according to one of the previews, Seb eventually recognize Tatiana once he follows after her in the upgrade room.
Rikitatsu

Postby Autoignition » Sep 01, 2017 7:54 pm

Dusk Golem wrote:I actually kind of doubt it's Ruvik that conjuring up all of these Laura's despite him being the first go-to answer with how obsessed he was with Laura. But I kind of also can't see him conjuring up this giggly sawblade tyrant Guardian Laura nor the poltergeist one. And of note the human Laura we see briefly is older than the brief glimpses of human Laura we saw in the original game, she looked like a teen in TEW1 and now looks like an adult in TEW2, so either it's Laura herself or someone who knew Laura since she grew up (as Ruvik's last exposure to Laura was a while ago). I also notice her human form has a really fucked up face, it's mostly covered by her hair but there's something really wrong even with her human form's face (I'm assuming it might have been burned and was unhealable or something, she has a really creepy huge Joker-esque grin going on in the mirror scene).

I doubt it's Laura either unless she's one of the most narcissistic people in existence (or one of the most self-fearing people in existence since most of the Laura's are monsters) that she literally conjures herself up multiple times in STEM.

My mind goes to an earlier thought if Lily was friends with Laura or something, but I don't know how true that might be as there's certainly no direct evidence of this right now (outside of multiple Laura's being in Lily's STEM), and I don't even know how much control the absent Lily has over this STEM. I'm getting the immense idea though that Laura is protecting something, almost like she's some sort of white blood cell type of thing. The fact there's so many of her and this big one is apparently a guardian makes it seem like wherever these Laura's are coming from, she must've been very protective of someone or something to the point someone is conjuring up literal protectors for themselves in Laura's image.

But on the same token, it's hard to imagine Ruvik conjuring up an image of Laura on all fours, with extra arms, crawling around on the ground like an animal. He had too much affection and respect for his sister, so that always struck me as odd. My working theory on this is that it has nothing to do with how Ruvik views Laura, and it's everything to do with how Laura views herself. I imagine her in her final moments crawling on the floor to avoid the smoke, unable to do much other than scream, and the world around her is nothing but darkness and burning and agony. Hence her spider form.

It's been three years since the initial foray into STEM, and if Laura's feeling especially empowered or ruthless, she could have evolved on her own.

The Lily theory doesn't hold up, because the Victoriano barn fire happened at least 15 years before Lily was even born. And since we see Laura in her human form both in TEW1 and TEW2 inside of STEM, that must mean that she's in there somewhere. I wonder if she sees her role as the "Guardian" as her own personal responsibility of some kind.
Autoignition

PSN: Autoignition

Postby ghostcall » Sep 05, 2017 11:23 pm

btw there are other monsters in the demo that were not shown any footage of the demo according to lan higton from eurogamer.
Last edited by ghostcall on Sep 06, 2017 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
ghostcall

Favorite Title: Resident Evil

Postby Rikitatsu » Sep 06, 2017 12:26 am

ghostcall wrote:btw there are other monsters in the demo that were not shown any footage of in any demo according to lan higton from eurogamer.

Seems like there's a lot of monster variety.
I'm just itching to see Theodore's domain at this point. If the E3 trailer is anything to go by, It's likely gonna be set in a forrest or something.
Rikitatsu

Return to News and Updates