Re: Best and Worst Chapters In your Opinion? [SPOILERS]

Postby dan76 » Oct 22, 2014 6:51 pm

I've just completed the nightmare difficulty, so after all that my list is-

Best
3. at last the game starts
6. this is RE4
9. this is RE4 in a mansion
10. crazy difficult boss fights - the tension
11. change of location, proper zombies in the streets (RE2)
12. giant spider fight, just like the real arcade game!
13. creeping around a hotel, nice
14. underground tube station with a sniper rifle
15. loved the gauntlet, twin keepers, plus the boss itself (just like the real arcade game!)

Good
5. great shoot out to save Kidman, but invisible enemies...
7. great boss fight

Worst is 4 and 8.

1 and 2 get old fast. I guess after chapter 10 the game shifts location, but I love zombies in a city setting, plus around this time weapons are now powerful enough to actually do some damage and the game becomes more fun (for me). Still difficult but just right. Most chapters have something really good in them.

Disappointed there wasn't more of a mansion, that the game had an AI companion and that there was forced walking and too many unskipable cut scenes. Also, the Brass Knuckles unlock breaks the game.
dan76

Favorite Title: Resident Evil 4
PSN: durangodan76
XBL: durango76uk

Postby rushinplay » Oct 26, 2014 12:49 am

chapter 5 was insane, and I like this sequence in chapter 6 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iinANwUE7O8

it's not scary but it is still a lot of fun.
rushinplay

Favorite Title: SH2
PSN: reiko57

Postby GottaEvil » Nov 05, 2014 4:53 pm

Best: 3,4,6,7,9,10 and 13

Good: 5,8 and 14

MEH: 11 and 15

Worst: 12

PD: 1 and 2 are a "Tutorial"

;)

If by any chance we get a sequel, I hope it's mostly open areas like Ch.3 and Ch.9. Full of enemies (who can chase you around the whole level), traps, and multiple ways to play.

100% agree...are the best moments of the game.
GottaEvil

Favorite Title: Resident Evil GC
PSN: GottaEvil
XBL: GottaEvil
Steam: GottaEvil

Postby lolly_poopdeck » Nov 15, 2014 3:22 pm

Chapter 1 is probably the worst one for me.Hiding in a locker and trying to sneak past the enemy just reminded me of a game I just finished before starting to play TEW in which that was actually done well(Alien Isolation)and that just diminished what already wasn't great in the first place gameplay wise.The fact that shit gets crazy within the first 10 minutes of the game isn't great either.Few genres can benefit as greatly as horror from good pacing and this chapter throws that out the window.
Runner ups:2,8,15

Chapter 9 is probably the best one for me.Ruvik's backstory is interesting,the environment is memorable and it's a blast to play though from start to finish.
Runner ups:5,7,10
lolly_poopdeck

Favorite Title: Silent Hill 2

Postby SweetPoison13 » Nov 17, 2014 4:39 pm

Best:

Ch.7
Ch.9
Ch.10

Worst:

Ch.6
Ch.11
Ch.12
Twitter: @Sweet13Poison | YouTube: Sweetest13Poison | Twitch: Sweet13Poison
SweetPoison13
Evil Takes Hold

Favorite Title: Silent Hill 2
PSN: SweetPoison13
XBL: SweetPoison13

Postby Lazarus753 » Nov 18, 2014 4:03 pm

I'm only on my second playthrough (out of 4 or 5), but right now I'm thinking that Chapter 8 is the worst. I'm not a fan of the baby AlterEgos, and the chapter just felt pretty dull overall. Chapter one is amazing, but my enjoyment of it is already decreasing. It will continue to decrease with each play through, but I'll never hate it; I feel it's the most iconic segment this game has.

Other than that, I know I like 15 a lot (the final boss was killer). I don't know the exact chapter, but I loved the cathedral, as well as the ruins underneath it. Chapter 3 is pretty special.

Oh, and the subway. I absolutely LOVED the subway segment. So good. The only thing that was kind of off putting was the forced walking section when Ruvik chases you on the railcars. It lasts for like 30 seconds, but still, I didn't like it.
"Whoever first thought of killing someone with a chainsaw was a genius."
– Shinji Mikami
Lazarus753
Leatherface

Favorite Title: The Evil Within
PSN: Lazarus753
Steam: Lazarus753

Postby Jocifer666 » Dec 08, 2014 2:28 am

The only chapter I felt was poor was Chapter 8. It felt more like an intermission, than a proper chapter. My favorite is either Chapter 7, chapter 14, or chapter 11. Though I'll be honest, I really thought all were quite unique though, they all had a lot of variety in them- and I can't say that about many game I like....Besides RE4, of course :P. But that's the only comparison I can to that hallowed game- well one of the few ;).
If you really want to see Mary, you should just die. But you might be heading to a different place than Mary, James.
Jocifer666

Favorite Title: Psycho Break

Postby gmc1992 » Dec 14, 2014 8:50 pm

Chapters 9 and 10 to me are the best chapters In the game, they both have interesting concepts in them and are both challenging. I wish that Ruvik was random throughout the entire game, playing that chapter really added a sense of fear that the rest of the game needed. Sure it would have made the game a little annoying but it would have been a lot scarier.

Chapters 11 and 12 are something we would expect in a new "Resident Evil" game. There is nothing horror about these chapters at all. Both chapters have enemies with machine guns and Chapter 12 has a turret section. I can handle zombie like creatures with knives, torches, chainsaws, other shape weapons and even a handgun but once you give them machine guns, it's just loses any type of tension you are trying to build for me. Thankfully chapters 13,14 and 15 return the game back to its horror roots.
gmc1992

Favorite Title: resident evil 4

Postby Lazarus753 » Dec 15, 2014 9:56 am

I thought that the Haunted with machine guns were pretty scary. They're not zombies, they're intelligent enough to use firearms. To me that's infinitely scarier than fighting mindless creatures that only use non-firearm weaponry
"Whoever first thought of killing someone with a chainsaw was a genius."
– Shinji Mikami
Lazarus753
Leatherface

Favorite Title: The Evil Within
PSN: Lazarus753
Steam: Lazarus753

Postby Jocifer666 » Dec 15, 2014 1:18 pm

I'd agree Lazarus. I actually thought the fire arm wielding Haunted were some of the scariest enemies in the game- I jumped each time they fired at me. They reminded me more of Siren than the shitty gun wielding enemies in RE 5 and 6, as did pretty much everything else in the game ^^.
If you really want to see Mary, you should just die. But you might be heading to a different place than Mary, James.
Jocifer666

Favorite Title: Psycho Break

PreviousNext

Return to The Evil Within | Psychobreak