– Shinji Mikami
Lazarus753
Leatherface

Favorite Title: The Evil Within
PSN: Lazarus753
Steam: Lazarus753

Re: Amalgam Alpha Fists Only AKUMU

Postby Morir es vivir » May 11, 2015 12:21 am

Sick. However, this is something that's been bothering me for a while now. You can kill most enemies in this game with the brass knuckles alone, if not all... (with the exception of last boss) And without any melee upgrades at all. Now, imagine melee completely upgraded. I mean, you don't even need weapons. The character is WAY overpowered because of brass knuckles, the fact that you can't have it unequipped makes it hard to ignore.

When i play a +NewGame on nightmare i try to ignore it. The problem is that every time you pull a switch, finish climbing a ladder etc...The character hangs his weapon on his back and if you happen to be surrounded at that moment or attacked you're most likely going to throw a punch to escape, then pull your weapon back, but when you see that your escape punch resulted in an instant kill (2 or 3 insta-kills if they are close enough) you're gonna forget about you're weapons, stealth and ammo conservation tactics and just swing everything to death which pretty much destroys the core game play of this game. Boom!!, the challenge is gone. It's just pointless. I like the brass knuckles, what i don't like is the ridiculous damage it does even without upgrades and most of all, to be forced to have it equipped all the time.
Morir es vivir

Favorite Title: REmake-DCut-TEW

Postby Lazarus753 » May 11, 2015 10:36 am

Morir es vivir wrote:Sick. However, this is something that's been bothering me for a while now. You can kill most enemies in this game with the brass knuckles alone, if not all... (with the exception of last boss) And without any melee upgrades at all. Now, imagine melee completely upgraded. I mean, you don't even need weapons. The character is WAY overpowered because of brass knuckles, the fact that you can't have it unequipped makes it hard to ignore.

When i play a +NewGame on nightmare i try to ignore it. The problem is that every time you pull a switch, finish climbing a ladder etc...The character hangs his weapon on his back and if you happen to be surrounded at that moment or attacked you're most likely going to throw a punch to escape, then pull your weapon back, but when you see that your escape punch resulted in an instant kill (2 or 3 insta-kills if they are close enough) you're gonna forget about you're weapons, stealth and ammo conservation tactics and just swing everything to death which pretty much destroys the core game play of this game. Boom!!, the challenge is gone. It's just pointless. I like the brass knuckles, what i don't like is the ridiculous damage it does even without upgrades and most of all, to be forced to have it equipped all the time.

Dude, wtf? Did you even watch the video? He wasn't using the brass knuckles.
"Whoever first thought of killing someone with a chainsaw was a genius."
– Shinji Mikami
Lazarus753
Leatherface

Postby Morir es vivir » May 11, 2015 11:27 am

Lazarus753 wrote:
Morir es vivir wrote:Sick. However, this is something that's been bothering me for a while now. You can kill most enemies in this game with the brass knuckles alone, if not all... (with the exception of last boss) And without any melee upgrades at all. Now, imagine melee completely upgraded. I mean, you don't even need weapons. The character is WAY overpowered because of brass knuckles, the fact that you can't have it unequipped makes it hard to ignore.

Dude, wtf? Did you even watch the video? He wasn't using the brass knuckles.

I watched some of it yesterday but did not finished it. Wait a minute you're right, but how in earth is he playing in Akumu without the brass knuckles??, i though you unlock it after beating survival, and can't unequipped it on Nightmare, i guess you don't get brass knuckles after beating Akumu?? Ok i'm going to work now, talk to you later
man.

Edit: My bad , yeah he's playing a NewGame on Akumu that's why he doesn't have the brass knuckles. I wanted to express my concerns about how powerful the brass knuckles are tho.
Morir es vivir

Favorite Title: REmake-DCut-TEW

Postby ShogunXCIV » May 14, 2015 2:39 pm

263 hits ?! Daaaa fuck !
I really want to see the numbers of the retry.
ShogunXCIV

Favorite Title: The Evil Witin
XBL: ShogunXCIV

Postby Lazarus753 » May 14, 2015 5:22 pm

ShogunXCIV wrote:263 hits ?! Daaaa fuck !
I really want to see the numbers of the retry.

I know, right? Absolutely nuts. Must have taken a lot of patience and perseverance to learn how to do that.
"Whoever first thought of killing someone with a chainsaw was a genius."
– Shinji Mikami
Lazarus753
Leatherface

Return to The Evil Within | Psychobreak