Rumor: Tango's Next Game Won't Be Revealed At E3

(Latest news and updates)

Rumor: Tango's Next Game Won't Be Revealed At E3

Postby Rikitatsu » May 09, 2016 1:18 am

In another post by kiri, a NeoGAF user that proved to have reliable inside knowledge of Tango before, he claimed that the new game/sequel from Tango won't be featured at this year's E3 show. He also claims the game is still Survival Action, and it just finished the planning phase few months ago... Now It's in the process of early to mid development.

Source: kiri's post | Tip: timur72299
Rikitatsu

Re: Rumor: Tango's Next Game Won't Be Revealed At E3

Postby Autoignition » May 09, 2016 6:53 pm

Saw this, half expected it the first time kiri mentioned how early in development the game is. Also might be a smart move on Bethesda's part, since we're very likely going to see RE7 and/or RE2make footage at E3. And if it DOES turn out to be RE2make, then there probably won't be any topping that in terms of press/media hype. Noticed that he actually used the word "sequel" this time, though, which is encouraging.

Still, I don't want to wait for September. Just give me a black screen with the title logo on it and Clair de Lune playing in the background for 10 seconds, if you don't have any footage from the actual game yet. 8(
Autoignition

Favorite Title: Resident Evil 4
PSN: Autoignition

Postby Rikitatsu » May 10, 2016 5:22 am

I think we'll get a teaser at least...Or at best, a CG trailer. Doubt they'll announce the game at TGS, considering most eyes on the game will be from the west (where the first game sold most, by far)... That is, assuming it's a TEW sequel. :P
Rikitatsu

Postby Autoignition » May 10, 2016 1:25 pm

Ha! You're uncharacteristically optimistic. I like it. :D You're thinking they'll still announce whatever game it is, even if Tango themselves won't be there and they won't be featuring game footage according to kiri?
Autoignition

Postby Rikitatsu » May 11, 2016 5:30 am

Heh, Yeah, I can see them teasing the game through a CG trailer or a Live Action one (like TEW).

One thing seems weird though, if Tango's project has just finished the planning phase, how come John Harker claimed he've seen stuff from TEW2 a while ago? I mean, from the looks of his previous rumors, he isn't affiliated with Bethesda (He had some Nintendo, Dark Souls, CoD related tidbits, amongst other things). So I guess he is affiliated with either one of the console manufactures (Sony/MS), or a high position in one of the big retail franchises.

Question is... Would a private company like Bethesda show around concept from a game (still in it's planning phase) to console manufactures or retailers? Doesn't seem likely to me...

What if... Tango had two projects. One that is TEW2, which is further along... And one that is a new IP, which kiri refers to as just entered mid development. I mean, Mikami's first goals when he made Tango was to have multiple teams working of multiple projects inside the studio, so maybe it's finally happening?

Hope we see something at E3.
Rikitatsu

Postby Autoignition » May 11, 2016 10:22 am

I think the whole timeline is a little hinky tbh. According to kiri's first report, this game should be about 12-15 months into development already. They took most of a fucking year just for "planning"? The average development cycle for a AAA game is two years! I know that Bethesda games run on Bethesda Time, but seriously? idk it just seems bizarre to me that they would have NOTHING to show off, not even something small. Like, I know I said I half expected it, but the more I think about it, the less it makes sense. The two-game theory kind of almost seems like the only explanation, and kiri's just getting his games and timelines mixed up.
Autoignition

Return to News and Updates